17 May 2009

Wakeboarding and Mountain Biking

The title pretty much sums up my weekend...but the week had some highlights as well. I got to play softball which was pretty fun, even though I played for the wrong team and my unit gave me a bunch of crap for it. The night before I had locked myself out of my room and had to ask the MPs (Military Police) for help so I came up on the Police blotter the next day which made it easier for them to give me even more crap. Oh well, making good first impressions isn't really my thing I guess.

I also got to rent a motorcycle in order to take my motorcycle test over here. I found a Kawasaki and KTM dealership not far from here. I decided to go with the Ninja 250 so I wouldn't be tempted on the Autoban. It was still a fun bike and I can't wait to get mine out of hoc in Vilseck. So onto the weekend...

On Saturday I found a cable park about 30 minutes away on the internet. I know there are more out there (over 60 in Germany) and I can't wait to explore. This one was northwest of Schweinfurt right outside of Bad Kissingen in a small village called Thulba. Here is the main shack:
Hoose

This is the kicker I threw a toeside 360 off of which I've never thrown or landed before. I also landed a scarecrow off of this which was the first time I've done that off a kicker. Not bad for not having wakeboarded in two years because last time I got a concussion. Still haven't tried a raley... Hoose

On Sunday, me and another new LT, Jeff, went on a mountain bike ride. It took us about four hours to find him a bike because everything is closed on Sunday. I didn't really know the trail that well so we ended up going through forests, farms, cities, and vineyards. Overall, it was pretty fun and I hope I can learn the trail better next time. I saw a freakin wakeboard boat on the Main River which makes me want a boat real bad. Well see. This was on top of one of the hills we climbed right next to the Mainberg Castle. Schweinfurt is in the background with a vineyard right behind me.
Hoose

Enjoying a bier, schnitzel, and pizza after the ride at the gasthaus
Hoose

Oh yeah, today was my birthday, I'm 24...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Eric,
    Your mom sent me the link to your blog. Hope you're enjoying Germany, it looks beautiful there. Take care of Brian for me when he arrives. I bet he will love the cable park and mountain biking. Happy Birthday! (Brian managed to escape yours, mine, and your mom's this year... maybe part of his plan?)
    Leah

    Leah

    ReplyDelete