We had a good group of eight people ready to go in Praha (Prague) for New Year's. I had never traveled with this many people before outside of a ski trip so I didn't know what kind of shenanigans to expect.
Natalie and Katie volunteered to drive there since they had the best vehicles for doing so. We got into town in the late afternoon and checked into our hotel which was the same as where some of Natalie's friends were staying.
That first night we pretty much just had dinner and some drinks at the Orange Bar across the street from the hostel and at a beer hall around the corner. Ed was in the states bud we decided to bring a "Flat Ed" with us.
Watch out for Czech bar stools!
At a beer hall with the Browne's
Interesting, both in concept and design
The next morning we hit the sightseeing pretty hard which was okay because Praha is beautiful even if you've been there before. The girls were ready to go.
Ed kept wanting to go to a pub crawl but it seemed like a bad idea...
Katie and her hat twin waiting for the astronomical clock to strike noon...not impressed
Neat musician on the Charles Bridge
My favorite fountain and a guy stealing change out of it
More Prague...
Interesting art, especially for Army Engineers...
And the typical Prague picture
Everyone was excited about the weather, the city, and the evening ahead
We had a late lunch which had an interesting menu
The company was too excited for the Segway tour to converse with those in their presence.
That evening we did a Segway Tour which I thought was going to be lame but turned out to be AWESOME.
And yes, there were some accidents
All in all, it was a whole lot of fun
We had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe which was a perfect way to pregame for the long night ahead. MMMMMMmmmmm Hoegaarden
I wanted a long straw but they wouldn't give me one unless I bought this 1,000CZK ($50) drink. Well it was basically a Long Island Ice Tea in a fish bowl with a lot of crazy straws.
We ended up watching fireworks at the Old Town Square and things got a little out of hand with children lighting fireworks. Katie has a video but I never got it from her...
We walked to the Charles Bridge again and at some point I got separated and ended up hanging out with two gay German sailors from Bremen. Not before I proved my manhood and carried Katie across the bridge.
As I was trying to get into the room that night I dropped the iPhone that Natalie was letting me borrow. What a way to end the trip. The next morning was a little rough for all of us but it was definitely a fun trip.
On a final note, there was one casualty during the trip. Unfortunately Flat Ed got lost somewhere between Segways and fireworks. We looked for him at the Orange Bar that was across from our hotel and where we usually ended up at night.
No comments:
Post a Comment